top of page
  • How much do Early College courses cost?
    Early College courses are free to Fitchburg, Leominster, Gardner, and Sizer High School students. All expenses such as transportation and course materials are covered.
  • When are Early College courses offered?
    Courses are offered to 11th and 12th grade students during the Fall, Spring, and Summer sessions at Fitchburg State University and Mount Wachusett Community College. Early College courses are also offered at your local high school. Students in 9th and 10th grade focus first on something coined "MY CAP - My College and Career Plan" which is personalized to each student by working with advising staff.
  • Do you receive both high school credit and college credit for Early College courses?
    Yes! Students earn both credits for each Early College course they take.
  • How do I or my student apply for N.C.M. Early College Academy?
    Students must first speak to their guidance counselor, then fill out an application which can be found here or in your high school's guidance office. Once your forms are completed, they must be signed by your guidance counselor before submitting.
  • How many Early College Academy courses can I take?
    Students interested in taking Early College Academy courses are encouraged to discuss their interests with their guidance counselor and figure out individual limits. Most students take one Early College Academy course per semester during grades eleven and twelve. The N.C.M. Early College Academy's goal is to have every student complete a minimum of 12 college credits.
  • Do my N.C.M.E.C.A course credits transfer to colleges and universities?
    Yes, however it is imperative to confirm with the colleges and universities to whom you are applying to verify their transfer credit policies. Most of the N.C.M. Early College Academy courses are part of the Mass-Transfer agreement.
  • Do some of the Early College Courses require a placement test?
    Yes, some of the N.C.M. Early College Academy courses require students to take placement tests. Check with your guidance couselor to determine what tests are required for courses in which you are interested.
  • Where are the N.C.M.E.C.A. courses offered?
    N.C.M. Early College Academy courses are offered at your high school, as well as on the campus's of Fitchburg State University and Mount Wachusett Community College.
  • Will I receive a college transcript?
    Yes, both Fitchburg State University and Mount Wachusett Community College will provide you a college transcript. Graduating seniors may request an official transcript to be sent to their attending college through the college website.
  • Is transportation provided to and from N.C.M.E.C.A. courses?
    Yes, transportation is provided. Your high school will provide school buses or a Montachusett Regional Transit Authority (MART) pass.
bottom of page